Join Our Mission To Give Kids Coding Superpowers
Our Kids Coding Kickstarter got off to a good start but we need more pledges if we’re going to succeed.
Our project will teach children age 5-10 coding basics and you get to send a kit to your school at the same time!
So it’s time to bring out the big guns and show how much I want this project to succeed.
To do that, I’m going to give away my entire computer and gaming collection which is basically a mini computing museum. It includes things that are going to be tough to part with, such as the machines I learned to code on. But if it helps this kids project succeed I’m fine with that.
I’m prepared to make a sacrifice and I hope you will too and back the project – only backers will get notified of the retro rewards when they’re available.
So have a look at some of swag:
I’m going to create some special pledges where you can pickup one of the following:
(ps. I think there’s more so will update this list today)
- Atari 2600 – Original Heavy Sixer version, boxed, immaculate, with letter from Cherry Distribution
- Atari 7800 – Boxed
- Atari 400 – boxed with manuals
- Atari 800 – with manuals
- Atari 800XL
- Atari 130XE
- Atari 520STE – Discovery Pack, Boxed with manuals
- Atari 1040STFM
- Amstrad – GX-4000 games console (I know!)
- Commodore 64C – Judgement Day Box
- Commodore 128 – boxed with manuals
- Commodore Amiga 500 – boxed with manuals
- ZX Spectrum – boxed
- PC Engine – Mint boxed Japanese model with RGB scart modification
- Sega Master System – boxed with Hang On
- Sega Megadrive – boxed with Sonic and boxed Master System Converter
- Sega Megadrive II – boxed with Sonic 2
- Sega Dreamcast – boxed
- Nintendo NES, Mint boxed Turtles edition
- Nintendo SNES, boxed UK Super Mario World edition
- Nintendo Gamecube, Mint boxed
- MSX – Boxed Toshiba 64K HX-10
- Xbox – 1 & 360 (version 1 is hard modified and full of emulators, e.g. mameox, uae, snes)
- X-Arcade Dual Tank Stick – with xbox 1 connectors for above xbox
- 3 Original Nintendo Gameboy (1 Yellow)
- Pocket NeoGeo with Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown all boxed
- Rockstar Money Clip and Stickers for GTA: Vice City promotion
update 2: Here’s the Atari and Cherry Leisure Letter
Update 3: There’s also a Smash TV PCB
Plus there’s a stack of boxed games, all in great condition
So, if you’ve read this far (thank you!) you’re hopefully wondering how you can get some of this great computing and gaming history and help our little kids coding project!
Over this weekend I’m going to work out what packs work best as rewards and update via the Kickstarter.
That is make them available only to backers so you’ll need to back the project at least $1/£1 (hopefully more, think of the children 🙂 – and that means you’ll get notified first as they’re limited ! you can upgrade to the retro rewards when they’re up.
This is my twitter account if you’ve any questions or just want to say hello http://twitter.com/danfbridge.
Okay, this is going to hurt but it’s worth it!
Thank you for your support,
Dan and the Craft Computer Club Gang.
You can see a few more items on my instagram, might have scroll down a bit 😉 http://instagram.com/danfbridge