A step by step guide on how to setup a REST API on Amazon’s AWS Serverless Application Model using Node.js Lambda, a MySQL database with Swagger integration.
This tutorial will run through the following steps in detail leaving you with a live application running in the AWS Lambda service.
- Create your AWS account (if you haven’t already)
- Setup an RDS MySQL instance
- Setup your local development environment with:
- Initialise your SAM templates
- Write your Lambda functions
- Integrate your Swagger into your SAM configuration
- Package your SAM application stack
- Deploy your application stack to the cloud
- Don’t worry, be happy